Wednesday 13 April 2011

2012.. The end of the world? Or just theories gone mad??

I guess you've all heard the stories, and the theories and the jokes when something really bad happens - like the Japanese earthquake- or a big storm, that "It's 2012.. it's coming"

I guess the most well known theory, is the 'Myan theory' which in simple terms states that the Myans calendar 'ends' on the 21st (-23rd) of December 2012. And as The Mayan calendar has been correct about many astrological events so far, this is apparently signalling the end of the world!!

3759: Mayan Calendar
 
Mayan Calendar on display at the Field Museum in Chicago Illinois
Picture from Leanderthal on flickr 

Here's a website which from what I can see is basically looking for anything and everything that 'proves' that the  end is nigh... even Britney's in on it! woo!

But even the '2012theories' website dismisses this theory.. and just a simple search of google brings up more articles for dismissing the theory as rubbish than actually convincing me that I should stop studying and start    travelling round the world before my ultimate demise.. (not even stopping to buy christmas presents  because hey.. what's the point?!)
Here's a couple.. (1) and (2)

So, is it all just a theory? Or is the end of the world coming before I've celebrated my 21st?? I asked the world!



EDIT:: I'm glad to see that, so far, that logic has won out over the hype of 'Arghhh we're all going to die'.. Guess this means I'll have to buy those christmas presents after all..

No comments:

Post a Comment