Tuesday 5 April 2011

Religion and Science - Do they 'go together' ??

I saw a comment on a tv show last night - granted it was only 'Waking the dead' - and it made me think about how people see science in relation to religion. One of the characters in the show was asked if his son was a religious person and his response was "He was a scientist..".

This is something I have heard quite alot, the idea that a person who is relgious cannot hold religious beliefs because the ideas clash somewhere in the middle.
I at the moment am not sure on the subject but in my years I dont think someone can believe in creationism and evolution but this shall be explained more in s in another post soon -
to be titled 'The age ol' debate - Evolution or Creationism'

So.. to answer my initial question - I went onto ask500people.com and set up a poll to see what people around the world thought - below are the results from people's responses! :)






EDIT: You can now see the results in the map above. These results are not what I expected, with 72% of the 76 votes cast in favour of being able to believe in God and also alot of scientific ideas.
I find it interesting however that the vast majority of 'yes' votes came from the United States 'bible belt' and south America and well as other stereotypical highly religious countries such as India and the East. I think this has proved that you can never predict what the outcome of a social experiment will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment